I am excited to announce that starting today we will be offering signups for our NAMLA teams for the 2020 season!
Can’t say enough about how great our experience has been with the Rochester River Monsters. I am convinced that every minute playing box is worth 3 min playing field. Brodie is doing great (1G-3A yesterday) and he loves all the action. Yeah the other kids are bigger but that is what makes it a challenge.
— Dennis Joyce
What you get with our program:
- Practices: Teams will practice every other week starting late November until the end of February (6-7 practices) and then a weekly practice from March until the season ends in late June or early July (at least 15 practices).
- Clinics: The organization will be offering clinics in November to get the kids excited about our upcoming season. These will be free to kids signed up for the team.
- Games: Each team will play every other team entered in our league twice, once home and once away. The number of games will vary for each age group, but on average there will be approximate 10 – 12 regular season games. The top four teams for each age group will then participate in a single elimination playoff to determine who the league champion is.
- Tournaments: The teams will be given the opportunity to participate in at least one extra tournament outside of the regular season (not included in the cost, but roster preference will be given to the team first before opening it up to outside participants).
- Skills: The leagues we compete in are full-contact box lacrosse. This means that the players are learning the stick skills they need to play quickly and in a small space, making them more efficient players both in the box and on the field. Right now everyone is looking to get box experience in. This is the most competitive, fast moving box lacrosse in this region.
- Community: Our teams all form a very strong bond. They practice a lot together, they spend time at games together, and they learn to work together and stand up for each other when they are playing. This forms bonds with the players that will last long beyond the River Monster’s season.
We are expanding!
We are now offering signups for all of the age groups that NAMLA offers. We will field a team for an age group based on interest and number of signups. This means if your child is 4 years old up to 17 years old, we have a place for them to play!
We are keeping the same uniforms:
We are keeping the same uniform design as last year, but all players are required to have their own uniform. This means if you played on our team last year and have a uniform, you do not need to purchase a new uniform this year unless your uniform needs replaced.
In all cases, interest and signups for the teams are key:
We must have at least 10 players for each level in order to have a team in that age group.